When I was younger, my life was like a disaster. It seemed to me at one point, that literally everything that could go wrong had gone wrong. The people around me treated me horribly, especially my family. I was always plagued by an overwhelming feeling of despair and unhappiness. Being that I was so young at the time, from about 5 until I was graduated from high school, there wasn’t a lot that I myself could do about my situation. Ultimately I took a good hard look at my state of mind and the reasons for it and gradually I was able to really understand the root causes of my unhappiness. I realized that I wasn’t really 100% to blame for my situation, but instead it was the people around me who had either failed to live up to their responsibilities or had intentionally acted in such a manner to help create my dismal attitude. With this in mind, I have developed a certain set of rules for success which if followed, will certainly help you become happier and more successful.
- Always strive to learn new things.
- Avoid Freeloaders.
People who never contribute in a positive way and who are always requesting favors can take a significant toll on your resources. don’t associate with freeloaders or you will always be expected to help them for nothing in return.
- Avoid Negativity /Toxic People.-Everyone knows someone like this, always complaining about this and that, putting other people down in order to make themselves feel better, seldom a nice thing to say about anyone or anything, unless it is directed towards themselves. Stay away from people like this lest you become like them as well. Also, if they are bad mouthing everything around them, chances are that they are bad mouthing you as well behind your back.
- Associate with Positive people.
- Avoid negative Thoughts about yourself.
- Change What you do not like about your life.
- Always try to experience new things.
- Strive for Excellence in Everything you do.
- Face Down your Fears
- Set Big Goals for Yourself.
- Be careful who you take advice from, people will often suggest to you the same mistakes they have made in the past, either on purpose or not.
- Never give up, never surrender.